We are seeking a capable and dynamic Ward Manager to lead our client's Adult Acute/Personality Disorders team at their Specialist Nursing Facility. The role is based just outside Darlington, County Durham , the site of the world's first railway.
This is a full-time post but our client is open to hearing from candidates seeking to negotiate a part-time hours opportunity; however, fixed hours cannot be assured.
Our client is a major provider of UK independent mental health care; dedicated to patients' health and wellbeing, offering a high standard of services, inspiring innovation, and providing programmes for both active rehabilitation and longer-term care for patients.
This ward supports female patients with complex Mental Health needs including personality disorders. The successful candidate will work closely with colleagues, ensuring the team has the skills, knowledge and motivation to provide the highest possible quality of care to patients.
Registered Mental Health Nurse with (or eligible for) full registration with the NMC .
Extensive Mental Health experience of at least five years, with at least two years at a Ward Manager/Deputy Ward Manager level.
Confident and forward-thinking leader with excellent organisation skills.
Experience in teaching or training junior staff.
Up-to-date knowledge of the Mental Health Act.
In addition to the salary and excellent working conditions, the benefits of working for this company include:
- Company pension; including optional SMART/Salary Sacrifice Pension scheme.
- Up to 25 days annual leave plus Bank holidays
- A range of additional benefits using the salary sacrifice scheme , including Childcare Vouchers and reduced tax and NI on a car/bicycle, resulting in an overall increase in your take-home pay.
- A range of high street/online vouchers and gift cards.
- Enhanced Maternity pay inline with NHS.
Medic International is a leading healthcare recruitment partner; our extensive experience as a nurse-led consultancy places us in an excellent position to match your skills with the needs of our Mental Health care clients.
We are also able to provide reasonably priced professional local staff accommodation for applicants who may be considering relocation for any of our positions.
To view a summary of Medic Mental Health vacancies, please click HERE .
Medic International is a leading international staffing consultancy, offering a bespoke recruitment and placement service to nurses and other healthcare professionals seeking employment in the United Kingdom.
We work with the NHS and many UK Private Hospitals and have a wide range of vacancies from Staff Nurse through to Ward Manager, Theatre Manager and even Director of Nursing vacancies.
Currently we have opportunities in the following specialities:
• Theatre Scrub, Anaesthetics, Recovery and Endoscopy
• Critical Care/ITU
• Paediatric Wards & PICU
• Acute Surgical & Medical Wards
• Primary Care
• Mental Health
• Learning Disabilities
We offer our healthcare professionals a friendly, personal service tailored to best suit your individual needs including:
• An excellent CV formatting service
• Assistance with obtaining your NMC registration
• Assistance with finding accommodation if you have to relocate
• Professional advice and expertise from a team with a wealth of clinical experience