Senior Staff Nurse (RMN)
£28,000 - £34,000 depending on experience
Permanent. Full-time 37.5 hours per week, internal day and night rotation
Magnetic is seeking an experienced Band 5 or Band 6 RMN with a background in various Acute mental health settings, for a Central London psychiatric hospital. The successful Senior Staff Nurse will have mentorship/clinical supervision experience to deputise for the Charge Nurse when required, coordinating shifts and delegating responsibilities to the more junior nursing team, taking part in audits, developing risk assessment plans, and showing leadership in direct patient care
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Staff Nurse RMN
• Take charge of a ward in the absence of a charge nurse, ensuring that the ward is run effectively.
• When required assume the role of Nurse in Charge for the hospital.
• Delegate, prioritise and supervise tasks appropriately, in particular that levels of observation are reviewed and followed.
• Ensure that all hospital medication policies are followed.
• To participate in clinical supervision of staff nurses.
• To be an active mentor other members of the Nursing Team as required.
• Play an active role as part of the multi-disciplinary team – providing feedback on nursing interventions and assessments to another staff on a daily basis as required.
Successful applicants will have:
• Experience of working with patients with a variety of mental health problems
• Registered Mental Nurse / RMN with at least 3 years post-qualification experience
• Experience of coordinating a shift
• Ability to deal with a very challenging patient group in a positive manner
• Experience in implementing risk assessments and developing risk management plans
• Flexible to cover work shifts Day/Night/Weekends
• Additional post-qualification training in mentorship or management would be desirable
If you are an RMN with acute mental health experience and demonstrable supervisory/mentoring experience, please send me your CV ASAP in order to be considered
RMN / Senior Staff Nurse / Registered Mental Nurse / Mentoring / Mental Health Nurse /Psychiatric Nurse