About The Facility
Located in the heart of London's esteemed medical district, The Princess Grace Hospital offers a wide range of medical and surgical specialties. Supported by world-class doctors from leading London teaching hospitals, the hospital has 129 beds, including a purpose-built intensive care unit, catering for Level 3 patients. Our eight fully-equipped theatres include three laminar flow theatres for orthopaedic surgery, a hybrid theatre to enable complex vascular surgery, a robotic surgery suite along with some of the most advanced radiological diagnostic facilities in the country.
Our eight fully-equipped theatres include three laminar flow theatres for orthopaedic surgery and a robotic surgery suite along with some of the most advanced radiological diagnostic facilities in the country. Procedures covered at The Princess Grace include; orthopaedic, gynaecology, urology and general surgery and are conducted by consultants from leading London Hospitals who are experienced and world renown in their field of expertise.
We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, life assurance, the use of all HCA Healthcare UK facilities for acute medical conditions (on completion of probation period), annual salary review and help to balance your home and work life with 25 days holiday each year. You'll also benefit from our flexible benefits scheme where you can sign up to other benefits, such as dental insurance, cycle scheme and discounted gym memberships. You will also receive regular training and coaching to support and develop you in your position.
The Recovery Practitioner will be responsible and accountable for providing high quality clinical care to patients following complex surgical procedures. Responsible for the total nursing care of individual patients within the recovery area and ensure recovery criteria is adhered to before discharging patients. To ensure that professional and national standards are met in accordance to the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC), Health Professions Council (HPC) and HCA's Code of Conduct. Prepare the recovery in readiness to admit patients after surgical procedures.
Salary: £31,630 and £35,822 per annum (dependent on experience) plus benefits
Benefits: Pension scheme, 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, and more
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess, plan and deliver care, based on individual patient and family needs
- Provide patients and families with information regarding the care and management of their condition
- Respect and ensure patient privacy and confidentiality
- Liaise with consultants, patients, staff and members of the multi-disciplinary team
- Communicate and work collaboratively within the multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions
- Recognise and take appropriate action in emergency situations
- Update and maintain accurate patient records
- Respond appropriately to all queries or complaints from patients and their families, recording or escalating issues as appropriate
- Carry out any additional duties as requested by senior members of staff
Skills & Experience
- RGN (NMC Registered) or ODP (HCPC Registered)
- Substantial experience gained within a similar role is essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable time management, organisation and prioritisation skills
- Relevant recent theatres experience in Orthopaedics would be highly desirable
About The Individual
The successful candidate will need to be adaptable and able to meet changing working patterns and case load, working independently as well as part of a team. They will possess a passion for delivering customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience. They will display a personable, yet professional manner at all times.
Join the leaders in private healthcare
Unrivalled expertise. The latest innovations. All that’s missing is you.
HCA Healthcare UK is one of the UK’s leading private healthcare providers. With six world-renowned hospitals in London and an expanding network of cutting-edge partnership facilities up and down the country, we’re a destination of choice for patients and healthcare professionals alike. Our achievements have been recognised by the LaingBuisson Independent Healthcare Awards 2016, the HealthInvestor Awards and the International Medical Travel Journal Awards.
If you’re looking for a rewarding career in nursing, look no further. At HCA UK you’ll take pride in working with top consultants and leading-edge technology to deliver exceptional acute and complex care. And through our relocation support programme, you’ll be able to do so at renowned facilities like The Portland Hospital and London Bridge Hospital. What’s more, whether you’re in oncology, PICU, paediatrics or neuro-rehab, you’ll get exceptional training at our Learning Academy.
As well as support from leading specialists and the latest technology, we also offer our employees a host of benefits that go above and beyond – from private healthcare and critical illness insurance, to staff discounts and paid study leave.
The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital, LOC, The Portland Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital, The Wellington Hospital