1. Clinical Management
A highly visible and proactive leader acting as a clinical resource and ensuring the sustained delivery of high standards of nursing and service delivery. Leading the clinical management of a defined ward or department to include support and mentorship of junior staff, acting as a clinical expert and role model.
2. Operational Management
Responsible for the operations management and professional leadership of the defined clinical area and staff, ensuring that performance and budgetary objectives are met. Maintain a proactive approach to managing patient flow through the service.
This is a Full Time Permanent post - 37.5 Hours a week (Mon - Fri) and NO NIGHTS OR WEEKENDS.
Duties & Responsibilities
Skills & Experience
- Provide strong, visible leadership and support for all ward Sisters and SSN’s, enabling appropriate escalation / update occurs regarding key clinical and managerial issues effecting the service
- To work in partnership with SSR, Matrons, Heads of Clinical Services to ensure HSC & HCA objectives in relation to the workforce, service delivery, clinical quality & safety and financial control are monitored and maintained.
- Responsible for demonstrating continuous improvements in standards of clinical nursing care
- Continuously improving patient satisfaction and patient experience. To be proactive in identifying areas for improvement and implement remedial action as necessary
- Responsible for working with the Ward Sisters in assessing the clinical skills required to deliver a safe and high quality service, identifying any deficits in this and developing programmes to address any issues
- Responsible for ensuring that clinical initiatives and service developments become truly embedded in clinical practice and that staff have a clear understanding and opportunity to contribute to the change process
- Provide patients, families and carers with expert, unbiased information regarding the causes, care and management of their condition
- Assume responsibility for the control, storage and administration of drugs within existing legal frameworks, dealing with medication errors appropriately
- Ensure all staff members make efficient use of available resources with regard to budgetary constraints and business objectives
- Registered Nurse Level 1
- UKCC Registration and PREP requirements
- Post Registration Qualification In Cardiology / Cardiothoracic
- ENB 998 / Mentorship qualification
- Advanced Life Support
- Extensive experience at senior nursing level
- Phlebotomy training desirable
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures
INTERESTED PLEASE CANTACT JESSICA ALVES
[... Click Apply...]
[... Click Apply...]
HCL Permanent, as part of the UK’s largest healthcare recruitment company, have unrivalled nursing recruitment industry knowledge on both a local and global basis.
We are approved by the Department of Health (UK) for International recruitment. Our clients range from Regional Health Boards requiring hundreds of staff to specialist start up clinics requiring a Clinical Director to develop the centre.
Over the past 3 years we have successfully placed over 1,000 staff into permanent posts within the UK, Ireland and globally; achieving a 91% retention rate for candidates still in their post after 12 months. This is testament to our stringent recruitment and pre-selection processes which are led by clinicians and qualified HR staff.