About The Facility
London's largest private hospital group, HCA operates 6 world-class hospitals across the capital, including The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital, The Portland Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital and The Wellington Hospital. We also run HCA Laboratories and are growing via our expanding joint ventures divisions, including partnering with the NHS.
This is an exciting time to join the team as we are currently updating our HR Management System and investing in new cutting edge LMS, data warehousing and Business Intelligence systems. As part of the team, you will have access to all of HCA's fantastic benefits. On top of this we're very keen to promote from within our team and with a very clear structure, there's a lot of scope to develop your career and learn new skills.
The Clinical Practice Facilitator - Cancer has a corporate responsibility to provide expertise in the provision of education, training and professional development for the HCA International cancer workforce by providing educational initiatives aligned to service and changing care needs. The post holder will be tasked to ensure that HCAI cancer staff are properly inducted, continuously trained and are provided with the required educational and opportunities to do the jobs the service needs.
He/she is to work with managers, Heads of Departments and the business to identify training needs of the workforce. The Clinical Facilitator Cancer will primarily support the Clinical Education Lead in delivering education for registered professional clinicians and provide appropriate provision to meet individual and organisational requirements. The Clinical Facilitator Cancer provides Subject Matter Expertise relating to cancer services and enterprise-wide initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities
Facilitation of Education and Training:
* Identifies training, learning opportunities and development needs within an organisation through job analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with business managers and human resources departments
* Lead the design, development, delivery and evaluation of various clinical courses, programmes and interventions, including:
1. Course aims and objectives
2. Learning outcomes
3. Lesson plans
4. Trainer notes per programme
7. Support materials
8. Assessment Books
* Coordinate, facilitate and evaluate in-house training provision and induction and ensure the continuous development of training to meet statutory and business changes
* Work closely with higher education institutions (HEI's) and providers to develop programmes which meet the needs of staff and the service
* Encourage a culture of lifelong learning and continuous professional development by supporting, motivating and involving staff
* Support staff in developing learning within the workplace
* Coordinate and manage the post qualification nursing contracts for HCA International
* Leads in collating evidence for the Standards for CQC and other external regulating bodies as deemed appropriate
Skills & Experience
- Educated to diploma/degree level
- Professional Clinical Qualification e.g. RGN
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Post Graduate qualification/training in the care of people with cancer
- Relevant Teaching qualification such as PTLLS, PGCE etc.
- Recognised learner support qualification (ENB 998 or equivalent)
- Hold relevant professional registrations and memberships
- Masters Degree, Post graduate qualification or equivalent experience
Join the leaders in private healthcare
Unrivalled expertise. The latest innovations. All that’s missing is you.
HCA Healthcare UK is one of the UK’s leading private healthcare providers. With six world-renowned hospitals in London and an expanding network of cutting-edge partnership facilities up and down the country, we’re a destination of choice for patients and healthcare professionals alike. Our achievements have been recognised by the LaingBuisson Independent Healthcare Awards 2016, the HealthInvestor Awards and the International Medical Travel Journal Awards.
If you’re looking for a rewarding career in nursing, look no further. At HCA UK you’ll take pride in working with top consultants and leading-edge technology to deliver exceptional acute and complex care. And through our relocation support programme, you’ll be able to do so at renowned facilities like The Portland Hospital and London Bridge Hospital. What’s more, whether you’re in oncology, PICU, paediatrics or neuro-rehab, you’ll get exceptional training at our Learning Academy.
As well as support from leading specialists and the latest technology, we also offer our employees a host of benefits that go above and beyond – from private healthcare and critical illness insurance, to staff discounts and paid study leave.
The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital, LOC, The Portland Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital, The Wellington Hospital