The Senior Staff Nurse will be responsible for providing high quality nursing through assessing, planning, delivering and evaluating care for patients within the Cardiac Ward. The role will require effectively working within the team, supervising, coaching and developing junior staff and deputising for the Senior Nursing team when necessary, as well as being confident working independently.
This is a 14 bedded unit, specialising in Cardiothoracic surgery. Patients will also include liver and vascular surgery. Hours: Full time, 37.50 hours per week (long days/nights/weekends).
Shifts: 08.00am-20.30pm and 20.00pm-08.30am. You will work 13 shifts, over a 4 week period.Salary range: £35,673pa- £40,401pa (depending on experience) + 9% shift enhancements + pension scheme + 33 days annual leave
As part of this team you will have access to all of HCA’s fantastic benefits. On top of this we’re very keen to promote from within our team and with a very clear structure, there’s a lot of scope to develop your career and learn new skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
Skills & Experience
- Care of Cardiac and Surgical patients
- Managing a caseload of patients
- Act as a clinical role model for all members of staff, demonstrating best practice at all times
- Supervise and direct junior team members, deputizing for senior staff in their absence
- Drive high standards of care, assisting with promoting development initiatives and assisting with coaching and development of the team
- RGN with valid NMC PIN
- Some leadership experience
- Experience of working within a Cardiothoracic Ward
- ENB 998 course, or equivalent mentoring course
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Phlebotomy skills are desirable
INTERESTED? PLEASE CONTACT JESSICA ALVES
[... Click Apply...]
[... Click Apply...]
HCL Permanent, as part of the UK’s largest healthcare recruitment company, have unrivalled nursing recruitment industry knowledge on both a local and global basis.
We are approved by the Department of Health (UK) for International recruitment. Our clients range from Regional Health Boards requiring hundreds of staff to specialist start up clinics requiring a Clinical Director to develop the centre.
Over the past 3 years we have successfully placed over 1,000 staff into permanent posts within the UK, Ireland and globally; achieving a 91% retention rate for candidates still in their post after 12 months. This is testament to our stringent recruitment and pre-selection processes which are led by clinicians and qualified HR staff.