BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare's Huddersfield Hospital in huddersfield has a vacancy for a Lead Theatre Practitioner - Anesthetics to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This role is offered on a full time, permanent basis at 37.5 hours per week.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to support and lead a department.
* Evidence of success in working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing the existing services and standards
* Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
* An appreciation of the need to balance the provision of quality care while maintaining a business focus
Duties of this role include:
* The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and additional equipment during an operating list ensuring the equipment is used appropriately and safely.
* Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patients identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the procedure
* Monitor the patient's condition throughout the procedure, taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
* Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient
* Monitor, order, receive and check stock items including prosthesis, equipment/instruments and drugs.
* Administer any drugs or fluids in accordance with the appropriate BMI policy
* Ensure any accidents or complaints are fully documented and that the appropriate senior manager is informed, in the theatre manager's absence initiate the investigation.
* Complete all written documentation in a timely manner and to an acceptable level.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you.
As the UK's largest independent healthcare employer, with over 70 hospitals across the UK and over 10,000 staff, BMI Healthcare really is 'a magnet for the best' nursing, theatre and allied healthcare professionals, as well as non-clinical and support staff who underpin our growing business.
Whether you are newly-qualified, returning from a career break, or looking for a new challenge, we have some exceptional opportunities to build your career in healthcare.
Who are BMI?
BMI Healthcare is the acute private hospital division of our parent company General Healthcare Group and is the largest independent provider of private health care in the UK. We are committed to providing a consistent, high quality service to local communities.
BMI Healthcare has over 70 hospitals nationwide, each serving the health care needs of the local community. BMI hospitals have an enviable reputation for providing excellent medical and surgical facilities supported by state-of-the-art equipment and a very high standard of nursing care, within pleasant and comfortable surroundings.
Equipped with the latest technology, BMI hospitals perform more complex surgery than any other independent private health care provider in the country. Handling over 250,000 inpatient and 1,000,000 outpatient visits each year, nearly half the procedures undertaken for patients are of a major or complex nature.
BMI hospitals attract consultants and clinical teams from a wide range of specialties, most of whom have extensive experience gained within the NHS. Supported by BMI Healthcare’s high calibre staff, they are able to undertake a wide range of procedures from routine investigations to the most complex, high acuity cases such as cardiac and neuro surgery.
At BMI Healthcare, we focus on clinical excellence, quality of service and efficiency. We have a well deserved reputation for consistent achievement in these areas throughout the independent health care sector. Healthcare is a people business at its heart, and quality is at the core of what we do.
So, we want to attract and retain the best staff we can, and help them to grow with us. Our aim is for BMI Healthcare to be an exceptional place to work, and we’re constantly striving to ensure that our staff are proud and happy to work here.