BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare's Highfield Hospital in Rochdale has a vacancy for a Registred Nurse to join their team of staff in the Nursing department.
This role is offered on a permanent, part time basis at 22.5 hours per week.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Must have evidence of being able to communicate at a high level and be a flexible team player.
Duties of this role include:
* Perform comprehensive assessment of patient nursing needs, plan, implement and evaluate care delivery as determined by care plans.
* Ensure care plans are regularly updated using evidence-based practice.
* Ensure that all patient information and treatment is accurately documented in their records.
* Comply with all agreed nursing and organisational policies, procedures and protocols.
* Ensure the safe custody and administration of drugs according to the controlled drug policy.
* Support colleagues and management to ensure communication with all users of the service is of a high standard.
* Address highly sensitive and complex care issues with patients and carers who may have physical/psychological/social/cultural barriers to communication.
* Ensure all adverse occurrences are reported and you are familiar with the correct process for carrying this out.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch within 14 days of the closing date.
As the UK's largest independent healthcare employer, with over 70 hospitals across the UK and over 10,000 staff, BMI Healthcare really is 'a magnet for the best' nursing, theatre and allied healthcare professionals, as well as non-clinical and support staff who underpin our growing business.
Whether you are newly-qualified, returning from a career break, or looking for a new challenge, we have some exceptional opportunities to build your career in healthcare.
Who are BMI?
BMI Healthcare is the acute private hospital division of our parent company General Healthcare Group and is the largest independent provider of private health care in the UK. We are committed to providing a consistent, high quality service to local communities.
BMI Healthcare has over 70 hospitals nationwide, each serving the health care needs of the local community. BMI hospitals have an enviable reputation for providing excellent medical and surgical facilities supported by state-of-the-art equipment and a very high standard of nursing care, within pleasant and comfortable surroundings.
Equipped with the latest technology, BMI hospitals perform more complex surgery than any other independent private health care provider in the country. Handling over 250,000 inpatient and 1,000,000 outpatient visits each year, nearly half the procedures undertaken for patients are of a major or complex nature.
BMI hospitals attract consultants and clinical teams from a wide range of specialties, most of whom have extensive experience gained within the NHS. Supported by BMI Healthcare’s high calibre staff, they are able to undertake a wide range of procedures from routine investigations to the most complex, high acuity cases such as cardiac and neuro surgery.
At BMI Healthcare, we focus on clinical excellence, quality of service and efficiency. We have a well deserved reputation for consistent achievement in these areas throughout the independent health care sector. Healthcare is a people business at its heart, and quality is at the core of what we do.
So, we want to attract and retain the best staff we can, and help them to grow with us. Our aim is for BMI Healthcare to be an exceptional place to work, and we’re constantly striving to ensure that our staff are proud and happy to work here.