My client is a NHS Trust who are currently recruiting in their Theatre and Day Stay Unit . They are a dynamic, friendly, supportive, busy department currently undergoing new and exiting
challenges with several new projects underway to enhance the patient experience.
Consequently we are expanding our staffing levels and are looking to recruit band 5
Staff Nurses /ODP for Scrub.
My client will also look at applications from Student Nurses about to qualify. All staff recruited will be provided with a mentor and preceptorship given until staff feel confident and competent in their new role.
The Day Surgery Service & Main Theatre Service are now managed into one team. The service has two sites delivering care at two Hospitals.
The Trust has a busy in -patient block comprising of 7 Theatres, 5 Day Stay Unit Theatres as well as 2 Maternity Theatres and ECT suite, supporting 24 hours a day, 7 days a week activity profile, with all disciplines other than neurology carried out at the Hospital.
The Day Surgery Service is completely nurse led when working in areas such as pre assessment and discharge. It caters for adult paediatric and special needs patients, and has overnight facilities, the site functions as a stand -alone unit (there are no inpatient facilities on-site).
Patients having surgery in the main operating theatres are cared for within the service, as are patients transferred from A&E and other areas of the hospital. Inpatients can be cared for prior to transfer to an inpatient ward when there is need.
- 1st/ 2nd Level Registered Nurse
- MTO 2 Level 2
- Education Certificates
- ENB183 or equivalent
- ENB 998 / teaching qualification or TDLB or evidence of working towards
- Post registration qualification or clinical practice without direct clinical supervision ideally, within anaesthetics.
- Post registration qualification in theatre practice or with relevant level of clinical experience demonstrating ability to work without clinical supervision in a specialist area of theatre.
Job related experience
- Experience of working across theatre specialities
- Evidence of working in a supervisory capacity in clinical area
- Working clinically as the senior person in a speciality during an operative procedure or in anaesthetics, recovery.
For more information please contact Holly Brace at Pulse Jobs on [... Click Apply...]or alternatively please forward your CV
Pulse is a leading provider of health and social care staffing to the UK and international healthcare sectors.
We support NHS Trusts and private health sector providers by placing expert and compliant nurses, midwives, doctors, allied health and health science staff into the right permanent and temporary roles.
Through attracting and nurturing the best people, we help our clients deliver the best compassionate care.