BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare's Lancaster Hospital in Lancaster has a vacancy for a Senior Registered Nurse to join their team of staff within the Wards Department.
This post is for 37.5 hours per week
It is essential that applicants have the following:
* Demonstrable competence in an Acute General Surgical setting.
* First level Nurse licensed to practice by Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
* Post-registration experience within a surgical environment
* Relevant post-graduate qualification/course (desirable)
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Professional attitude and caring disposition
Duties of this role include:
* Maintain professional standards in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct
* Ensure compliance with standards in respect of all legislative requirements.
* Ensure the timely and accurate completion of charge forms, patient records and other documents
* Ensure all such forms are stored safely and in accordance with Data Protection legislation
* Help to promote a culture of customer service throughout the nursing department, and identify areas for improvement as appropriate.
* Maintain relationships with multi-disciplinary teams and agencies.
* Build and maintain positive working relationships with consultants
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK's largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.
As the UK's largest independent healthcare employer, with over 70 hospitals across the UK and over 10,000 staff, BMI Healthcare really is 'a magnet for the best' nursing, theatre and allied healthcare professionals, as well as non-clinical and support staff who underpin our growing business.
Whether you are newly-qualified, returning from a career break, or looking for a new challenge, we have some exceptional opportunities to build your career in healthcare.
Who are BMI?
BMI Healthcare is the acute private hospital division of our parent company General Healthcare Group and is the largest independent provider of private health care in the UK. We are committed to providing a consistent, high quality service to local communities.
BMI Healthcare has over 70 hospitals nationwide, each serving the health care needs of the local community. BMI hospitals have an enviable reputation for providing excellent medical and surgical facilities supported by state-of-the-art equipment and a very high standard of nursing care, within pleasant and comfortable surroundings.
Equipped with the latest technology, BMI hospitals perform more complex surgery than any other independent private health care provider in the country. Handling over 250,000 inpatient and 1,000,000 outpatient visits each year, nearly half the procedures undertaken for patients are of a major or complex nature.
BMI hospitals attract consultants and clinical teams from a wide range of specialties, most of whom have extensive experience gained within the NHS. Supported by BMI Healthcare’s high calibre staff, they are able to undertake a wide range of procedures from routine investigations to the most complex, high acuity cases such as cardiac and neuro surgery.
At BMI Healthcare, we focus on clinical excellence, quality of service and efficiency. We have a well deserved reputation for consistent achievement in these areas throughout the independent health care sector. Healthcare is a people business at its heart, and quality is at the core of what we do.
So, we want to attract and retain the best staff we can, and help them to grow with us. Our aim is for BMI Healthcare to be an exceptional place to work, and we’re constantly striving to ensure that our staff are proud and happy to work here.