BMI Healthcare is the UK's largest private hospital group, with over 70 locations, 9000 staff, 2500 beds and absolutely loads of opportunities for you to develop your career with us. Joining us means being a part of our commitment to quality, working with a world-class team to deliver optimum patient experiences.
Registered Nurse - Outpatient Department (Bank)
Working on an as and when needed basis- providing cover over absence and during busy periods within the hours of 8am-9pm Monday to Friday, and Saturday 8.30-1pm.
As a (Bank) Registered Nurse, some of your main duties will be:
* To offer a comprehensive nursing service to the patients and Consultants who are using the outpatient facilities in the hospital.
* To perform nursing duties as requested e.g. dressings, suture removal, chaperoning, venepuncture, minor procedures and patient pre assessments.
* To communicate effectively all information relating to patient care to colleagues, consultants and staff working in other departments.
* To have a flexible approach to meet the changing needs of health care within the department and the hospital.
* Basic day to day decision making authority within the role of the job description
As a (Bank) Registered Nurse, your skills, experience and qualifications will be:
* Registered General Nurse
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Organisational and planning abilities
* Able to demonstrate clinical credibility with healthcare professionals.
* One year post registration experience
* Previous experience working in an Out Patient area or equivalent (desirable).
* Venipuncture skills or desire to undertake training
BMI offer Competitive hourkly rate.
If you are interested in this position, please click Apply and complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a DBS check prior to employment.
BMI Healthcare is an equal opportunities employer.
As the UK's largest independent healthcare employer, with over 70 hospitals across the UK and over 10,000 staff, BMI Healthcare really is 'a magnet for the best' nursing, theatre and allied healthcare professionals, as well as non-clinical and support staff who underpin our growing business.
Whether you are newly-qualified, returning from a career break, or looking for a new challenge, we have some exceptional opportunities to build your career in healthcare.
Who are BMI?
BMI Healthcare is the acute private hospital division of our parent company General Healthcare Group and is the largest independent provider of private health care in the UK. We are committed to providing a consistent, high quality service to local communities.
BMI Healthcare has over 70 hospitals nationwide, each serving the health care needs of the local community. BMI hospitals have an enviable reputation for providing excellent medical and surgical facilities supported by state-of-the-art equipment and a very high standard of nursing care, within pleasant and comfortable surroundings.
Equipped with the latest technology, BMI hospitals perform more complex surgery than any other independent private health care provider in the country. Handling over 250,000 inpatient and 1,000,000 outpatient visits each year, nearly half the procedures undertaken for patients are of a major or complex nature.
BMI hospitals attract consultants and clinical teams from a wide range of specialties, most of whom have extensive experience gained within the NHS. Supported by BMI Healthcare’s high calibre staff, they are able to undertake a wide range of procedures from routine investigations to the most complex, high acuity cases such as cardiac and neuro surgery.
At BMI Healthcare, we focus on clinical excellence, quality of service and efficiency. We have a well deserved reputation for consistent achievement in these areas throughout the independent health care sector. Healthcare is a people business at its heart, and quality is at the core of what we do.
So, we want to attract and retain the best staff we can, and help them to grow with us. Our aim is for BMI Healthcare to be an exceptional place to work, and we’re constantly striving to ensure that our staff are proud and happy to work here.