BMI Three Shires Hospital in Northampton has an opportunity for a Registered Nurse (Bank) to join our dedicated and professional Wards department.
Role Purpose & Core Responsibilities:
* The Registered Nurse will be responsible for the delivery of a high standard of patient care.
* To support more junior colleagues and assist in their training, especially developing the role of health care assistants at Three Shires Hospital.
* To have a flexible approach to meet the changing needs of health care within the hospital.
* To comply with hospital policies and procedures.
* To actively participate in the reviewing and updating of hospital policies.
* To ensure accurate completion of all care plans and nursing documentation.
* To assist with the control and requisition of consumable products, ensuring an efficient use of supplies
* Respect the patient's dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
* Good understanding of nursing issues
* Able to recognise own capabilities
* Able to demonstrate clinical credibility with healthcare professionals.
* Post registration experience is preferable for this role
* Previous experience working on a surgical ward.
* Experience working in a private hospital
Successful candidates are required to undergo an enhanced disclosure.
Salary & Employee Benefits Package:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
Working on an "as and when required" basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
As the UK's largest independent healthcare employer, with over 70 hospitals across the UK and over 10,000 staff, BMI Healthcare really is 'a magnet for the best' nursing, theatre and allied healthcare professionals, as well as non-clinical and support staff who underpin our growing business.
Whether you are newly-qualified, returning from a career break, or looking for a new challenge, we have some exceptional opportunities to build your career in healthcare.
Who are BMI?
BMI Healthcare is the acute private hospital division of our parent company General Healthcare Group and is the largest independent provider of private health care in the UK. We are committed to providing a consistent, high quality service to local communities.
BMI Healthcare has over 70 hospitals nationwide, each serving the health care needs of the local community. BMI hospitals have an enviable reputation for providing excellent medical and surgical facilities supported by state-of-the-art equipment and a very high standard of nursing care, within pleasant and comfortable surroundings.
Equipped with the latest technology, BMI hospitals perform more complex surgery than any other independent private health care provider in the country. Handling over 250,000 inpatient and 1,000,000 outpatient visits each year, nearly half the procedures undertaken for patients are of a major or complex nature.
BMI hospitals attract consultants and clinical teams from a wide range of specialties, most of whom have extensive experience gained within the NHS. Supported by BMI Healthcare’s high calibre staff, they are able to undertake a wide range of procedures from routine investigations to the most complex, high acuity cases such as cardiac and neuro surgery.
At BMI Healthcare, we focus on clinical excellence, quality of service and efficiency. We have a well deserved reputation for consistent achievement in these areas throughout the independent health care sector. Healthcare is a people business at its heart, and quality is at the core of what we do.
So, we want to attract and retain the best staff we can, and help them to grow with us. Our aim is for BMI Healthcare to be an exceptional place to work, and we’re constantly striving to ensure that our staff are proud and happy to work here.