Head of Clinical Services (Matron)
Circa £80,000 + 25% bonus + £5,000 car allowance + pension + healthcare + life assurance + income protection
Reporting to the Hospital Director the Head of Clinical Services (Matron) will provide clinical leadership and operational management to all areas of clinical service areas including Theatre, Wards, Imaging, Pharmacy and Clinical Governance. The Head of Clinical Services (Matron) will promote a cost-effective, patient focussed, quality service within a facility that has a complex and varied caseload.
- Providing clear focus on business results; maintaining the balance between quality healthcare delivery and sound financial performance.
- Deputising for the Hospital Director in their absence.
- Acting as an accountable practitioner, guided by the precedent and clearly defined occupational policies and procedures, including the Nursing and Midwifery Council Code of Professional Conduct and the Health Professions Council.
- Ensuring understanding of all relevant statutory, regulatory and legal requirements, and making sure that the hospital operates within these. This includes being accountable for clinical quality, patient safety and effective risk management.
- Working within a wide range of clinical and professional guidelines.
- Responsibility for day-to-day management of self and all members of the clinical teams.
- You must be a Registered Nurse with previous or current experience at Head of Clinical Services (HoCS), Matron, Director of Nursing level.
- Be commercially astute with the ability to think strategically, plan tactically and execute strategies effectively.
- Be an expert at building rapport with patients and relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate their ability to make sound and justified operational judgements.
Our client is a highly successful private acute hospital in Surrey where they provide a broad range of complex acute care to the local community. This hospital is part of a highly successful group who have an established and growing network of hospitals throughout the UK. The hospital has also had a recent £30m investment which includes a new theatre wing, hydro therapy pool and an extension to the outpatients department With 90 plus beds, 6 brand new theatres including a hybrid and onsite advanced diagnostic imaging centre. The hospital prides itself on its wide range of services that are all provided by specialist doctors and nurses in a relaxed and comfortable environment that has a great family feel.
Stroud Resourcing has been formed as a specialist independent recruitment provider, offering a range of recruitment services to the Healthcare and Medical Devices markets. Our business model is based on offering clients a flexible and creative approach to recruitment and talent spotting, whilst ensuring that candidates receive a professional service that is geared to advising and supporting individuals with their next career move.
We provide solutions for both large and small enterprises who want to receive all the benefits of a leading recruitment agency, whilst retaining a tailored and personal service. We believe that recruiters have the ability to positively impact a client’s brand through professional conduct with candidates. As a result, we have a commitment to service excellence and take pride in being brand ambassadors.
So, whether you are a client looking for a credible, no nonsense approach to your recruitment, or a candidate who wants to be treated as a valued customer, Stroud Resourcing wants to hear from you.