Position - Registered General Nurse- Skipton
Location - Skipton
Ref - STRGNSK
Salary - £14ph - £15ph
Hours - Full Time
The Vacancy -
My client's nursing home pride them selves in providing a home where residents live in a relaxed and caring environment.
They aim to ensure all residents receive the highest possible quality care by maintaining dignity and ensuring safety at all times whilst respecting their individual requirements in an effective and responsive manner.
The home provides the highest standard of nursing care and they place great emphasis on person centred care, enabling each service user to lead a full and dignified life. They provide help and security as needed for those service users who are relatively independent, through to full nursing care.
The home caters for all medical conditions including elderly, terminally ill and physically disabled. Short - stay beds are available for medical and post-operative service users, My client also offer respite and day care.
* To conduct care and management in such a way so as not to bring the Home or its service users into disrepute.
* To maintain confidentiality regarding all aspects of care and management of the Home.
* Reporting all incidents and accidents involving service users, visitors, staff and self as they occur.
* To delegate responsibilities within legal and ethical boundaries.
* To be knowledgeable regarding health and safety at work including environmental health.
* To be fully conversant with emergency procedures including fire and evacuation.
* Notifying the Home Manager/Matron or Deputy Managers of any intended absence from duty and the date of intended return as soon as is practically possible.
* Allocate and co-ordinate daily duties of care staff.
* Be involved in in-service training of all new staff for both day and night duty.
* To carry out any other duties allocated by the Home Manager/Matron or Deputy managers.
* Arrive on duty punctually, correctly dressed with a tidy appearance.
* To investigate and inform the Home Manager/Matron of all complaints received.
* To maintain proper and accurate records in accordance with statutory requirements and the policy and procedures of the Home.
* To be knowledgeable regarding the whereabouts of service users at all times.
* To ensure that a high quality of nursing care is delivered to all service users.
* Ensure that care plans are implemented to achieve the goals set.
* Undertake the evaluation of care plans, modifying and redefining goals as appropriate.
* Liase with family members, GP and all other member of the health and social care multi-disciplinary team on matters concerning the service users care.
* Be involved in the development of clinical nursing practice to ensure service users receive care that is consistent and reliable, demonstrating a quality approach.
* Facilitate the provision of a person centred approach by the identification of a named nurse and key worker for each service user, and support the continuity of care approach.
* To order and store drugs in accordance with legislative requirements.
Qualifications, Experience and abilities:
* Registered General Nurse
* A minimum of 1 year in the field of care of the older person
* To be able to undertake an assessment of need of older people
* Working with person centred approaches to the care of the older person
* To be able to demonstrate self management skills
* Demonstrate an understanding of evidence based practice
* An understanding of the variety of mechanisms that can be used for the development of effective care planning
* To be able to demonstrate personal development in the field of nursing the older adult.
Key Words - RGN, NMC, Dementia, Staff Nurse, Registered General Nurse, Care Home.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
For more information and a detailed copy of the Job Spec please contact Sam Taylor at Pulse Jobs on [... Click Apply...]alternatively Please forward your CV to sam.a-
Pulse is a leading provider of health and social care staffing to the UK and international healthcare sectors.
We support NHS Trusts and private health sector providers by placing expert and compliant nurses, midwives, doctors, allied health and health science staff into the right permanent and temporary roles.
Through attracting and nurturing the best people, we help our clients deliver the best compassionate care.