Outpatients Nurse, Ilford
£25,000 - £28,000 DOE
Eclypse Recruitment are seeking an RGN for this Outpatients Nurse position in Ilford for a private hospital
As RGN you will be responsible to assist in the efficient running of the outpatient and perioperative service and co-ordinate the patient's hospital admission from pre-admission to discharge ensuring that the patient's needs are met, integrating high quality care in the most cost-effective setting. Ensuring an efficient and effective service that meets the required standards of relevant regulatory bodies.
To organise and undertake pre-admission screening of selected patients ensuring they are fit for surgery at the given site on the date allocated, taking the lead on developing the pre-assessment process to be nurse led where appropriate.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Registered Manager you will be expected to undertake the following duties;
- To work within and manage the surgical outpatient clinics and the perioperative area ensuring effective smooth running of all clinics, efficient recovery and discharge of all patients
- Under supervision provide clinical direction and leadership to junior colleagues and students, ensuring their development is flexible and adaptable to ensure the needs of the service are met.
- At the pre-admission appointment undertake a comprehensive assessment to assess individual patient needs, diagnosing actual and potential problem(s) to enable the plan of care to be decided. This will involve using Mallampati scoring system, Goldman Cardiac assessment and the American society of anaesthesiologist's scale, to be able to carry out a basic anaesthetic assessment
Skills, knowledge and abilities
- Knowledge and skills of acute surgical care provision
- Up to date hands on clinical skills including phlebotomy, IV drug administration and performing ECGs
- Ability to work closely with consultant users
- Strong decision making skills
- Knowledge and experience of clinical supervision
If you would like to apply for this role please contact Steve on [... Click Apply...]or email [... Click Apply...]
Keywords: Outpatients Nurse, Registered nurse, medical and nursing, Ilford, pre-assessment, pre-admission, surgical outpatients
Eclypse Recruitment specialise in the placement of permanent or contract candidates within the social and healthcare industry. We are successful in what we do and as well as always staying professional we aim to beat our competitors.
We provide an honest yet professional approach to our clients and candidates alike. We believe honesty is the best policy and as an agency we support our client and candidate needs.
Our healthcare consultants are all experienced within the industry and are available at your convenience if not within the office hours then out of hours a specialised consultant is always on hand to take your call which is important to us.
Listed below are examples of the candidates we successfully recruit:
Care/ Unit Managers
Senior/ Care Assistants
We provide to a number of private and large corporate care homes as well as independently owned nurseries throughout the UK, Scotland and Ireland.