BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare's Somerfield Hospital in Maidstone are recruiting for Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Health Screening Department.
This is a bank role working on an "as and when required" basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Strong organisational and planning skills, including risk management
* Results driven, possessing a proven track record of delivering against targets
* Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options
* Strong interpersonal skills:
* Able to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively
* Must be a RGN /HCA with experience in health screening/ phlebotomy
* Knowledge of NMC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
* Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care and Quality Commission Requirements
* Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools
Duties of this role include:
* To provide excellent customer service and promote a professional and caring environment to the clients who attend a BMI Health assessment or other related assessment (flu vaccination etc)
* Provide health screening tests and assessments, based on information obtained during the patient's assessment. These will include, but are not limited to:
* Anthropometric measurements
* Body fat measurements
* ECG recording
* Lung function testing
* Audiometry testing
* Vision testing
* Provide advice and guidance on lifestyle modification, along with more specific intervention and follow-up where appropriate.
* Provide on-going engagement with the clients via local initiatives to ensure repeat business into the site
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
As the UK's largest independent healthcare employer, with over 70 hospitals across the UK and over 10,000 staff, BMI Healthcare really is 'a magnet for the best' nursing, theatre and allied healthcare professionals, as well as non-clinical and support staff who underpin our growing business.
Whether you are newly-qualified, returning from a career break, or looking for a new challenge, we have some exceptional opportunities to build your career in healthcare.
Who are BMI?
BMI Healthcare is the acute private hospital division of our parent company General Healthcare Group and is the largest independent provider of private health care in the UK. We are committed to providing a consistent, high quality service to local communities.
BMI Healthcare has over 70 hospitals nationwide, each serving the health care needs of the local community. BMI hospitals have an enviable reputation for providing excellent medical and surgical facilities supported by state-of-the-art equipment and a very high standard of nursing care, within pleasant and comfortable surroundings.
Equipped with the latest technology, BMI hospitals perform more complex surgery than any other independent private health care provider in the country. Handling over 250,000 inpatient and 1,000,000 outpatient visits each year, nearly half the procedures undertaken for patients are of a major or complex nature.
BMI hospitals attract consultants and clinical teams from a wide range of specialties, most of whom have extensive experience gained within the NHS. Supported by BMI Healthcare’s high calibre staff, they are able to undertake a wide range of procedures from routine investigations to the most complex, high acuity cases such as cardiac and neuro surgery.
At BMI Healthcare, we focus on clinical excellence, quality of service and efficiency. We have a well deserved reputation for consistent achievement in these areas throughout the independent health care sector. Healthcare is a people business at its heart, and quality is at the core of what we do.
So, we want to attract and retain the best staff we can, and help them to grow with us. Our aim is for BMI Healthcare to be an exceptional place to work, and we’re constantly striving to ensure that our staff are proud and happy to work here.