Ophthalmic Nurse Lead
£28,500 - £30,000 DOE
Medical and Nursing
As the Lead Ophthalmic Nurse you will provide leadership to the pre assessment, admission and discharge of ophthalmology patients from the unit; assisting in the efficient running of the ophthalmology service.
You will be expected to organise and undertake face to face and telephone pre-operative assessment, including specialised biometry and ophthalmic measurements of patients, ensuring they are fit for surgery.
In addition you will take the lead on developing the pre-assessment process to be nurse led where appropriate. You will also participate in the ongoing development of the ophthalmology services within the Treatment Centre.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrable experience in acute care or elective surgical nursing with recent experience within the specialism of ophthalmology / pre-assessments
- Experience in ophthalmic day care, short stay and inpatient nursing
- Knowledge and skills in respect of ophthalmic disease e.g. glaucoma
- Up to date hands on clinical skills including phlebotomy, IV drug administration and performing ECGs
- NMC Registered Nurse Level 1
- Basic / Intermediate life support skills
- ECG and Venupuncture training
Keywords: RGN, Ophthalmic, Ophthalmic Nurse Lead, ophthalmology, Bristol, medical and nursing, pre-assessment, ophthalmology nurse, surgery
If you would like to apply for this role please contact Steve on [... Click Apply...]or email your most recent CV to [... Click Apply...]
Eclypse Recruitment specialise in the placement of permanent or contract candidates within the social and healthcare industry. We are successful in what we do and as well as always staying professional we aim to beat our competitors.
We provide an honest yet professional approach to our clients and candidates alike. We believe honesty is the best policy and as an agency we support our client and candidate needs.
Our healthcare consultants are all experienced within the industry and are available at your convenience if not within the office hours then out of hours a specialised consultant is always on hand to take your call which is important to us.
Listed below are examples of the candidates we successfully recruit:
Care/ Unit Managers
Senior/ Care Assistants
We provide to a number of private and large corporate care homes as well as independently owned nurseries throughout the UK, Scotland and Ireland.