Junior Sister/ Charge Nurse - Haematology
City of Westminster, London, Greater London, England
About The Facility
The first venture was a joint partnership with University College London Hospital (UCH), which saw the establishment of Harley Street at University College Hospital in 2006. Harley Street at University College Hospital is a complex cancer centre on the 15th floor with stunning panoramic views across London. The centre specialises in complex sarcoma, head and neck and haematological cancers and is one of only a few centres in the UK to have JACIE accreditation for its bone marrow transplant service.
The role of the Junior Sister/Charge nurse is to lead by example, strive for excellence, provide effective staff supervision and expertise to assess, plan, deliver nursing care.
It takes expertise and compassion to provide cancer care, you become part of your patient's journey and no two days are ever the same. If you think you have what it takes to work in one of healthcare's most challenging yet most rewarding environments then we are looking for you.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Independently assess, plan, deliver and evaluate patient care ensuring that patients are cared for in a safe, caring and comfortable environment
- Provide effective on-going evaluation of nursing care and interventions
- Implement changes in care smoothly, consulting patients, carers and the multi-disciplinary team
- Recognise and take appropriate action in emergency situations
- Record, monitor and interpret patient vital signs, reporting to the nurse in charge as required
Skills And Experience
- RGN, NMC registered with PIN
- Previous haematology/oncology experience
- Knowledge of chemotherapy treatment regimes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skills in phlebotomy/IV and Chemotherapy would be desirable
- Previous exposure to palliative care would be advantageous
- Chemotherapy certificate would also be desirable
About The Individual
The successful candidate will be adaptable and able to meet changing working patterns and caseload, working independently as well as within the team. They will possess a passion for delivering customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience. Due to the nature of the role, adherence to policy, procedure and guidelines will be of paramount importance in conjunction with the customer-centric attitude.
- £ 35673 - 40401 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
Posted 23 Sep 2016
Closes 22 Mar 2017
This job was posted to: Ward nurse