About The Facility
The first venture was a joint partnership with University College London Hospital (UCH), which saw the establishment of Harley Street at University College Hospital in 2006. Harley Street at University College Hospital is a complex cancer centre on the 15th floor with stunning panoramic views across London. The centre specialises in complex sarcoma, head and neck and haematological cancers and is one of only a few centres in the UK to have JACIE accreditation for its bone marrow transplant service.
The role of the Junior Sister/Charge nurse is to lead by example, strive for excellence, provide effective staff supervision and expertise to assess, plan, deliver nursing care.
It takes expertise and compassion to provide cancer care, you become part of your patient's journey and no two days are ever the same. If you think you have what it takes to work in one of healthcare's most challenging yet most rewarding environments then we are looking for you.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Independently assess, plan, deliver and evaluate patient care ensuring that patients are cared for in a safe, caring and comfortable environment
- Provide effective on-going evaluation of nursing care and interventions
- Implement changes in care smoothly, consulting patients, carers and the multi-disciplinary team
- Recognise and take appropriate action in emergency situations
- Record, monitor and interpret patient vital signs, reporting to the nurse in charge as required
Skills And Experience
- RGN, NMC registered with PIN
- Previous haematology/oncology experience
- Knowledge of chemotherapy treatment regimes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skills in phlebotomy/IV and Chemotherapy would be desirable
- Previous exposure to palliative care would be advantageous
- Chemotherapy certificate would also be desirable
About The Individual
The successful candidate will be adaptable and able to meet changing working patterns and caseload, working independently as well as within the team. They will possess a passion for delivering customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience. Due to the nature of the role, adherence to policy, procedure and guidelines will be of paramount importance in conjunction with the customer-centric attitude.
Join the leaders in private healthcare
Unrivalled expertise. The latest innovations. All that’s missing is you.
HCA Healthcare UK is one of the UK’s leading private healthcare providers. With six world-renowned hospitals in London and an expanding network of cutting-edge partnership facilities up and down the country, we’re a destination of choice for patients and healthcare professionals alike. Our achievements have been recognised by the LaingBuisson Independent Healthcare Awards 2016, the HealthInvestor Awards and the International Medical Travel Journal Awards.
If you’re looking for a rewarding career in nursing, look no further. At HCA UK you’ll take pride in working with top consultants and leading-edge technology to deliver exceptional acute and complex care. And through our relocation support programme, you’ll be able to do so at renowned facilities like The Portland Hospital and London Bridge Hospital. What’s more, whether you’re in oncology, PICU, paediatrics or neuro-rehab, you’ll get exceptional training at our Learning Academy.
As well as support from leading specialists and the latest technology, we also offer our employees a host of benefits that go above and beyond – from private healthcare and critical illness insurance, to staff discounts and paid study leave.
The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital, LOC, The Portland Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital, The Wellington Hospital