As a Staff Nurse in our Orthopaedics unit you will have the opportunity to develop your existing experience while also having the opportunity to deal with a variety of different cases not usually seen on an Orthopaedic ward. As a Staff Nurse within the Orthopaedics department you will be required to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care to patients within a safe, caring and comfortable environment. You will work within the team, supervising and directing junior staff. Salary: £31,630 and £35,822 (dependent on experience) plus benefits.
Duties & Responsibilities
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions
- Assess, plan and deliver care to meet patient and family needs
- Undertake extended roles such as IV cannulation, phlebotomy
- Contribute to research based care and other practice development initiatives
- Contribute to the setting of clinical standards, policy and procedure
- Promote good communication channels amongst staff enhancing good team work
- Maintain a safe environment for patients and staff
- Deputise for senior staff in their absence, demonstrating leadership and management
- Registered Nurse Level 1
- NMC Registration and PREP requirements
- ENB course/experience relevant to an Orthopaedic or surgical environment
- Confident communicator with high levels of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of relevant NMC guidelines, policies and procedures (Code of conduct)
INTERESTED? PLEASE CONTACT JESSICA ALVES
[... Click Apply...]
[... Click Apply...]
HCL Permanent, as part of the UK’s largest healthcare recruitment company, have unrivalled nursing recruitment industry knowledge on both a local and global basis.
We are approved by the Department of Health (UK) for International recruitment. Our clients range from Regional Health Boards requiring hundreds of staff to specialist start up clinics requiring a Clinical Director to develop the centre.
Over the past 3 years we have successfully placed over 1,000 staff into permanent posts within the UK, Ireland and globally; achieving a 91% retention rate for candidates still in their post after 12 months. This is testament to our stringent recruitment and pre-selection processes which are led by clinicians and qualified HR staff.