Staff Nurse - Paediatric ICU
Salary up to £35,000 per annum plus Enhancement and Benefits
The post holder, once initially trained as required, will be responsible and accountable for the assessment of required care and the development, implementation and evaluation of holistic care for children in a critical care setting. To communicate effectively at all levels within the multi-disciplinary team and to promote a progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care through research, evidence based practice and the developmental of additional clinical skills in the speciality, to assist in the safe, effective and efficient management of the department with allocated resources
Duties and Responsibilities
• To ensure that each child is assessed and that their care is planned, implemented and evaluated in a family centred way and to ensure accurately documented.
• Provide care with a developing clinical understanding of the therapies and drugs used within Paediatric ICU.
• Understands the correct use and assembly of required equipment within Paediatric ICU, understand safety precautions and ensure appropriate cleaning of equipment
• To be competent in the administration of medication, including intravenous routes
• Maintaining and monitoring levels of stock to ensure there are adequate levels of supplies
• To ensure clinical practice is evidence based or peer reviewed
• To develop defined skills in communicating complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers and other staff, overcoming any barriers to understanding and providing support during distressing or emotional events and seeking advice or guidance where necessary
• To develop open and trusting relationships with other members of the multidisciplinary team, other departments and community services as necessary
Skills and Experience
• Demonstrable knowledge and experience as a Children’s Nurse either in a High Dependency Unit, NICU or PICU
• NMC Registered- the child branch of the NMC register.
• Basic/Intermediate Paediatric Life Support
• Understanding of Safeguarding issues
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Competent with computers and able to use clinical systems
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent clinical governance and experience with audits
• Ability to work within a team and independently
• ENB 415/405/100 or a Paediatric/Neonatal critical care pathway award
• Foundation studies in paediatric intensive care nursing
• Teaching and mentoring experience
• Supervision and management experience
• Demonstrates evidence of applying current research to practice
• Insurance – Life, Dental
• Critical Illness Cover
• Up to 30 days holidays
• Health Assessments
• Private medical cover
• Excellent Accommodation
• Cycle to work Scheme, Gymflex
For more information or a confidential discussion please contact Martine Cohen at JS3 Recruitment on [... Click Apply...]or email [... Click Apply...].
If you are responding directly to this position please attach your current CV and inform us of your current remuneration.
Should you know anyone who may be seeking an opportunity then JS3 offer a referral scheme. Please refer to our website [... Click Apply...] for more details.
JS3 Recruitment was established in order to deliver alternative recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates alike. Whatever your requirements we will deliver what we have promised in the timescales that we have agreed. Clients and candidates will always be treated fairly and with equal importance and so our objectives are simple – to be open and honest with everyone at all times. In short our business is about Exceeding Expectations
In 2011 JS3 Recruitment further developed by launching a Medical Division into its portfolio. We work with candidates and clients to find that perfect match – we source talent that will benefit your organisation and we look to place candidates with organisation’s whom match the candidates profiles. We recruit into the Private Sector the NHS and also work with some of the leading healthcare providers. This division is led by someone whom has over 18 years recruitment expertise and someone whom knows the market and can indeed match closely!
In short, we provide a tailor made personal service which prides itself on honesty integrity and complete transparency in terms of providing recruitment solutions we deliver exactly what we promise.
We work within the healthcare sector and recruit into post some of the most innovative GPs, Lead GPs, Nurse Practitioners, Advanced Nurse Practitioners, Practice Nurses, Specialist RGNs, Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Speech and Language Therapists, Registered Nurses (RMN, RGN, RNLD, RSCN), Practice Managers, Deputy Practice Managers, Sonographers and Radiographers.