In association with their client, CPL Healthcare have an immediate vacancy for a Director of Care/Person in Charge in a 60 bed purpose-built nursing home on the outskirts of Galway City. This state of the art residential care centre provides high quality short term, long term, respite, dementia and palliative care to older people. This homes aim is to provide care and support in a secure, professional and friendly environment to those who need it. Do you share this ethos? If so, then this could be the role for you.
The primary role of the Director of Care will be one of clinical and professional leadership in the day to day operations of the Nursing Home. This includes ensuring the effective management of clinical care and support services provided within the home.
- Undertake the role and responsibilities of the Person-in-Charge in line with the Health Act 2007, related regulations and the Health information and Quality Authority (HIQA) standards.
- Oversee the operations and the management team.
- Oversee and co-ordinate the quality and safety system
- Encourage recognition of the resident as an individual ensuring resident’s needs and comfort are given priority.
- Communicates with residents, relatives and visitors on an on-going basis
- Attend / chair meetings as required and keep staff briefed on developments within the nursing home
- Liaise with HIQA and other external bodies as required
- Manage the financial budgetary requirements of the Nursing Home with the Accounts Administrator.
- Provide leadership and guidance at all times, particularly at times of emergency.
- Be responsible for the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- A registered General Nurse with Full ABA (An Bord Altranais) registration
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Minimum three years post graduate experience in gerontology with a minimum of two years experience in Care of the Older Person at CNM level
- Minimum 2 years management experience
- Demonstrate sound knowledge and clinical nursing practice together with future trends in Care of Older Persons
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the ageing process
- Shows evidence of current legislative policies pertinent to Care of the Older Persons
- Post graduate diploma in gerontology nursing is desirable
- Post registration management qualification in health or related field is desirable
- Strong Leadership & People Management skills
- Change management abilities
- Excellent organisation and communication skills with fluent English
- Eligibility to work in Ireland
Salary is negotiable based on experience.
Apply today in confidence to: Helen O’ Dwyer at + [... Click Apply...]or email an updated copy of your cv to: [... Click Apply...]
Welcome to Cpl Healthcare
With over 20 years experience in the Healthcare Recruitment and Training space, we are proud to be Ireland’s premier Healthcare staffing agency. We work with clients not only here in Ireland but across all International markets allowing us to offer our candidates and clients a complete recruitment solution.
We provide Permanent and Temporary staffing solutions across all Healthcare sectors including:
Our staffing business is complemented by a fully integrated accredited Healthcare Training company, allowing candidates to follow one journey from beginning to end whilst giving clients peace of mind.
Within our service teams we have qualified Health Professionals to understand the industry from a clinical perspective, enabling us to provide best in class service to both our candidates and clients.
We are open for business 363 days a year, from 7.00am – 9.30pm, with an on-call service available for out of hours and offices across Ireland and London.
Here at Cpl Healthcare we are dedicated to providing the best quality Healthcare recruitment and training service.