CPL Healthcare, in partnership with their esteemed client have an immediate vacancy for staff nurses with an interest in the area of addiction and or homelessness with an overall emphasis on recovery. This role is primarily focused on assisting clients in their journey out of addiction through the process of providing on-going support, commitment and dedication to the specific needs of the client group in a residential therapeutic environment. This is a 2 year fixed term contract with a highly reputable, renowned charity. HSE Salary scale applies. Own transport essential.
The role will involve:
- Working in a residential setting building effective nurse/client relationships, involving shift work over a 7 day period.
- Daily activities such as managing the detox regimes, monitoring for symptoms of withdrawals, providing on-going support to clients through key working and daily interactions.
- Promoting independence and liaising with clients to include treatment/day programs and support them in this process
- To effectively manage physical, emotional and psychological aspects of the clients journey of recovery
- To liaise with the staff team daily in regards to client care
- To liaise with the manager of the Residential Community Detox as required and to actively participate in the completion of any necessary documentation regarding incident reporting etc.
- To attend case management meetings weekly as per roster to discuss current and potential clients
- To liaise with medical teams regarding clients physical needs and ensure adherence to any changes in regards to current treatment plans
- Updating of documentation/ record keeping daily
Essential requirements are:
- Nursing qualification: e.g. BSc In Psychiatric, Intellectual Disability or General Nursing
- Be registered with An Bord Altranais
- Eligibility to work in Ireland
- Be available for employment with reasonable notice
Ideally candidates should have:
- Experience of working with clients in a detox – community/residential setting
- Experience with clients detoxing from methadone in a residential setting
- A keen interest in the area of addiction and an overall awareness/understanding of the social implications of drug misuse.
- Graduates will be considered on a case by case basis based on previous practice placement experience.
Apply today in confidence to: Catherine Hoban at + [... Click Apply...]ext. 2138 or email [... Click Apply...]
Welcome to Cpl Healthcare
With over 20 years experience in the Healthcare Recruitment and Training space, we are proud to be Ireland’s premier Healthcare staffing agency. We work with clients not only here in Ireland but across all International markets allowing us to offer our candidates and clients a complete recruitment solution.
We provide Permanent and Temporary staffing solutions across all Healthcare sectors including:
Our staffing business is complemented by a fully integrated accredited Healthcare Training company, allowing candidates to follow one journey from beginning to end whilst giving clients peace of mind.
Within our service teams we have qualified Health Professionals to understand the industry from a clinical perspective, enabling us to provide best in class service to both our candidates and clients.
We are open for business 363 days a year, from 7.00am – 9.30pm, with an on-call service available for out of hours and offices across Ireland and London.
Here at Cpl Healthcare we are dedicated to providing the best quality Healthcare recruitment and training service.