Intellectual Disability Nurse, Wicklow
Cpl Healthcare, in association with their esteemed client, have an immediate requirement for registered nurses. This is a residential and community service providing care to adult clients with intellectual disabilities some who may present with age related illnesses/needs. This service strives to to deliver a service that is primarily client centred and committed to doing the best by their clients.
The successful applicant will become part of a multidisciplinary team working towards empowering the residents with the necessary skills to live a full life and to ensure that the social model of nursing covering all aspects of daily living activities and support are adhered to.
This is a full time role over a 6 month contract, with the potential for extension at the end of the term, based in North Co Wicklow.
Interested applicants must:
- Possess full registration on the ID, general or psychiatric register of the NMBI
- Will ideally be able to demonstrate knowledge and previous experience of using crisis prevention techniques
- Have knowledge and experience managing responsive behaviour and developing appropriate support plans
- Demonstrate evidence of continued professional development
- Demonstrate excellent IT, administration, report writing and organisational skills
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be self-motivated and flexible
- Be available to work over a 7 day period
- Must be a car owner and hold a full clean driving license
Further details available by contacting Catherine Hoban on + [... Click Apply...]or email [... Click Apply...]
- Full time
- Job Level
- Newly qualified
Posted 15 Sep 2016
Closes 12 Mar 2017
This job was posted to: Community nurse, Community mental nurse, Nursing home learning disability nurse