Charge Nurse- Paediatric ICU
Salary up to £45,500 per annum plus enhancements and Benefits
There is a great opportunity for Charge Nurse on our client’s Paediatric ICU to provide specialist nursing advice and to support and facilitate high quality, individualised care to patients in collaboration with the multi disciplinary team. As you share your expertise we will invest and develop you to a new height in your career
Duties and Responsibilities
• Using specialised knowledge ensure the clinical needs of patients are met, taking overall responsibility 24 hours per day.
• Assess, plan, implement and evaluate programs of care, actively seeking evidence based on practice which will support clinical outcomes.
• Monitor the quality of nursing care and action audit information to achieve agreed standards and take the lead on customer care initiatives. This will include the development and utilization of local action plans.
• To ensure that each child is assessed and that their care is planned, implemented and evaluated and that this is accurately documented
• Provide care with a developing clinical understanding of the therapies and drugs used within Paediatric ICU and be competent in their administration
• To develop defined skills in communicating complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers and other staff, overcoming any barriers to understanding and providing support during distressing or emotional events and seeking advice or guidance where necessary
• To develop open and trusting relationships with other members of the multidisciplinary team, other departments and community services as necessary
• To act as a role model for nursing and ensure quality care is given, leading and coordinating the ward.
Skills and Experience
• RSCN/RN (Child)
• In-depth PICU post registration experience
• Post registration relevant accredited course (PICU/AICU or equivalent)
• ENB 415/405/100 or a Paediatric pathway award
• SLICE or equivalent teaching experience
• Ability to manage difficult situations effectively
• Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines effectively
• Effective time management skills
• Ability to make decisions and use own initiative
• Competent understanding of Microsoft Office including Excel and PowerPoint.
• Insurance – Life, Dental
• Critical Illness Cover
• Up to 30 days holidays
• Health Assessments
• Private medical cover
• Excellent Accommodation
• Cycle to work Scheme, Gymflex
For more information or a confidential discussion please contact Martine Cohen at JS3 Recruitment on [... Click Apply...]or email [... Click Apply...].
If you are responding directly to this position please attach your current CV and inform us of your current remuneration.
Should you know anyone who may be seeking an opportunity then JS3 offer a referral scheme. Please refer to our website [... Click Apply...] for more details.
JS3 Recruitment was established in order to deliver alternative recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates alike. Whatever your requirements we will deliver what we have promised in the timescales that we have agreed. Clients and candidates will always be treated fairly and with equal importance and so our objectives are simple – to be open and honest with everyone at all times. In short our business is about Exceeding Expectations
In 2011 JS3 Recruitment further developed by launching a Medical Division into its portfolio. We work with candidates and clients to find that perfect match – we source talent that will benefit your organisation and we look to place candidates with organisation’s whom match the candidates profiles. We recruit into the Private Sector the NHS and also work with some of the leading healthcare providers. This division is led by someone whom has over 18 years recruitment expertise and someone whom knows the market and can indeed match closely!
In short, we provide a tailor made personal service which prides itself on honesty integrity and complete transparency in terms of providing recruitment solutions we deliver exactly what we promise.
We work within the healthcare sector and recruit into post some of the most innovative GPs, Lead GPs, Nurse Practitioners, Advanced Nurse Practitioners, Practice Nurses, Specialist RGNs, Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Speech and Language Therapists, Registered Nurses (RMN, RGN, RNLD, RSCN), Practice Managers, Deputy Practice Managers, Sonographers and Radiographers.