About The Facility
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas. We offer a premium service in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics and acute neurological rehabilitation. Our ICU comprises of a total of 35 beds dedicated to the care of level 3 patients. Split into two units, we are expertly equipped to deal with General, Cardiac and Neuro ICU patients. This year we are seeing expansion of one of our units including a High Dependency Unit.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Staff Nurse to join our ICU unit at The Wellington Hospital in St Johns Wood, London. As a Senior Staff Nurse, you will assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of critical care nursing.
This is a permanent full time post: 37.50 hours per week
The projected salary range is from: £35,673 per annum + 9% enhancements and a comprehensive benefits package on top.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Work well within a team, supervising and directing junior staff and deputising for Sister/Charge Nurse in their absence, always ensuring that patient care is at a consistently high level.
* To provide a high standard of holistic centred care.
* To communicate effectively at all levels within the multi-disciplinary team. Act as a clinical role, driving high standards of care and assisting with coaching and development of the team.
* Initiate improvements and developments in clinical issues and delivery of care
* Contributing to the ongoing research based care and other practice development initiatives.
Skills & Experience
* Registered General Nurse with NMC pin.
* Cardiac, Neuro, or General ITU/HDU specific skills and experience.
* Motivated and forward thinking individual with excellent communication skills.
* Excellent communication skills with good time management and prioritisation skills.
* Experience in advanced respiratory ventilation, cardiovascular and renal care would be advantageous.
About The Individual
As part of the HCA Healthcare UK group, we offer a market-leading benefits package including staff pension, flexible annual leave scheme, full private healthcare, dental insurance and much more.
Join the leaders in private healthcare
Unrivalled expertise. The latest innovations. All that’s missing is you.
HCA Healthcare UK is one of the UK’s leading private healthcare providers. With six world-renowned hospitals in London and an expanding network of cutting-edge partnership facilities up and down the country, we’re a destination of choice for patients and healthcare professionals alike. Our achievements have been recognised by the LaingBuisson Independent Healthcare Awards 2016, the HealthInvestor Awards and the International Medical Travel Journal Awards.
If you’re looking for a rewarding career in nursing, look no further. At HCA UK you’ll take pride in working with top consultants and leading-edge technology to deliver exceptional acute and complex care. And through our relocation support programme, you’ll be able to do so at renowned facilities like The Portland Hospital and London Bridge Hospital. What’s more, whether you’re in oncology, PICU, paediatrics or neuro-rehab, you’ll get exceptional training at our Learning Academy.
As well as support from leading specialists and the latest technology, we also offer our employees a host of benefits that go above and beyond – from private healthcare and critical illness insurance, to staff discounts and paid study leave.
The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital, LOC, The Portland Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital, The Wellington Hospital