Senior Staff Nurse (PICU)
Salary up to £40,400 per annum plus Benefits
Our client are looking to recruit a Senior Staff Nurse within their PICU to provide clinical leadership to a designated nursing team and ensure the provision of high quality nursing care to children and families, to act as a role model and expert clinical practitioner and to assist in the safe, effective and efficient management of the department within allocated resources. To promote a progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care through research and evidence based practice and to undertake delegated responsibility for the department in the absence of the Ward Sister/Charge Nurse
Duties and Responsibilities
• To be a clinical expert within the speciality.
• To ensure the provision of excellent, evidence based nursing care for the children and their families.
• Ensure that each child is assessed, and that their care is planned, implemented and evaluated in negotiation with the family, and that this is accurately documented.
• Promote Family Centred Care and ensure the provision of a welcoming, caring and safe environment for the children and their families.
• To act as an advocate for the child and family ensuring the provision of appropriate information and support services.
• To communicate complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers and other staff, overcoming any barriers to understanding and providing support during distressing or emotional events.
• Ensure that discharge planning is commenced at the point of admission, liasing with the multidisciplinary team, other departments and community services as necessary.
• To develop and maintain clinical skills and knowledge necessary to provide holistic, evidence based nursing care. This includes completion of the Paediatric clinical skills competency orientation booklet.
• To be competent in the administration of medication.
• Communicate effectively, promoting open and trusting relationships.
• To be aware of the uses, safety precautions and handling of equipment in the department.
• Assist in the development and review of policies and standards for the safe use of equipment and any new equipment introduced to the department.
Skills and Experience
• Education/ Qualifications/ Training
• NMC Registered -RSCN
• Assessing & Mentoring qualification
• Evidence of ongoing dynamic continuing professional development within the speciality linked to demonstrable clinical competencies
• Relevant PICU course
• Leadership or management training
• Basic Life Support training
• At least 2 years recent PICU experience
• Insurance – Life, Dental
• Critical Illness Cover
• Up to 30 days holidays
• Health Assessments
• Private medical cover
• Excellent Accommodation
• Cycle to work Scheme, Gymflex
For more information or a confidential discussion please contact Martine Cohen at JS3 Recruitment on [... Click Apply...]or email [... Click Apply...].
If you are responding directly to this position please attach your current CV and inform us of your current remuneration.
Should you know anyone who may be seeking an opportunity then JS3 offer a referral scheme. Please refer to our website [... Click Apply...] for more details.
JS3 Recruitment was established in order to deliver alternative recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates alike. Whatever your requirements we will deliver what we have promised in the timescales that we have agreed. Clients and candidates will always be treated fairly and with equal importance and so our objectives are simple – to be open and honest with everyone at all times. In short our business is about Exceeding Expectations
In 2011 JS3 Recruitment further developed by launching a Medical Division into its portfolio. We work with candidates and clients to find that perfect match – we source talent that will benefit your organisation and we look to place candidates with organisation’s whom match the candidates profiles. We recruit into the Private Sector the NHS and also work with some of the leading healthcare providers. This division is led by someone whom has over 18 years recruitment expertise and someone whom knows the market and can indeed match closely!
In short, we provide a tailor made personal service which prides itself on honesty integrity and complete transparency in terms of providing recruitment solutions we deliver exactly what we promise.
We work within the healthcare sector and recruit into post some of the most innovative GPs, Lead GPs, Nurse Practitioners, Advanced Nurse Practitioners, Practice Nurses, Specialist RGNs, Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Speech and Language Therapists, Registered Nurses (RMN, RGN, RNLD, RSCN), Practice Managers, Deputy Practice Managers, Sonographers and Radiographers.