About The Facility
If you are a dedicated healthcare professional looking to progress your career with an internationally renowned hospital group, you have arrived at the right place. HCA Healthcare UK is the largest private hospital group in Central London and has an international reputation for excellence in healthcare.
The Wellington Hospital, the UK's largest private hospital, provides a high standard of intensive care around the clock. The hospital has 50 critical care beds including two Intensive Care Units with a total of 28 beds dedicated to Level 3 intensive care.
The Wellington South Critical Care Unit cares for Neurological and general patients and working closely alongside our Acute Admissions Unit (AAU).
A team of doctors who specialise in intensive care lead the Unit and are supported by our specialist Critical Care Nurses, providing constant one-to-one care for all our patients. The Units are capable of caring for patients with the most complex health needs including those who have had major general, neuro or cardiac surgery, and who require the highest level of organ support.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Staff Nurse to join our ICU unit at The Wellington Hospital in St Johns Wood, London. As a Staff Nurse, you will assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of critical care nursing.
This is a full time (37.5 hours per week) permanent post.
The projected salary range is: £31,630 - £35,822 per annum + 9% enhancements, pension scheme, 33 days annual leave and more attractive benefits
Hours: Full time 37.50 hours per wee. Flexible shifts on internal rotation (long days nights weekends)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate care to meet the patient and their family's needs
- Responsible for planning and delivering appropriate care for admissions and discharges
- Ability to quickly identify any clinical problems and report or take appropriate action
- Undertake extended roles such as venepuncture, cannulation and phlebotomy
- Initiate improvements and developments in clinical issues and delivery of care
- All ad hoc nursing duties as required by senior staff, including potential deputising for seniors in their absence
- Contributing to the ongoing research based care and other practice development initiatives
- Promote good communication channels amongst staff to enhance good team work
- Maintain a safe environment for patients and staff
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse with NMC pin.
- Cardiac, Neuro, or General ICU/HDU specific skills and experience.
- Motivated and forward thinking individual with excellent communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills with good time management and prioritisation skills.
- Experience in advanced respiratory ventilation, cardiovascular and renal care would be advantageous.
About The Individual
The appointed applicant will need to be adaptable and able to meet changing working patterns and caseload, working independently as well as part of a team. They will possess a passion for delivering customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience. They will display a personable, yet professional manner at all times.
Furthermore, you will work alongside the Clinical Lead to coordinate and development of the Occupational Therapy Service and act as an expert clinical resource for the occupational therapy department and wider multidisciplinary team to optimise clinical care available
As part of this the department, you will have the opportunity to develop your career while working within a dynamic and professional team, and you will also have access to all of HCA Healthcare UK's fantastic benefits.
Join the leaders in private healthcare
Unrivalled expertise. The latest innovations. All that’s missing is you.
HCA Healthcare UK is one of the UK’s leading private healthcare providers. With six world-renowned hospitals in London and an expanding network of cutting-edge partnership facilities up and down the country, we’re a destination of choice for patients and healthcare professionals alike. Our achievements have been recognised by the LaingBuisson Independent Healthcare Awards 2016, the HealthInvestor Awards and the International Medical Travel Journal Awards.
If you’re looking for a rewarding career in nursing, look no further. At HCA UK you’ll take pride in working with top consultants and leading-edge technology to deliver exceptional acute and complex care. And through our relocation support programme, you’ll be able to do so at renowned facilities like The Portland Hospital and London Bridge Hospital. What’s more, whether you’re in oncology, PICU, paediatrics or neuro-rehab, you’ll get exceptional training at our Learning Academy.
As well as support from leading specialists and the latest technology, we also offer our employees a host of benefits that go above and beyond – from private healthcare and critical illness insurance, to staff discounts and paid study leave.
The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital, LOC, The Portland Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital, The Wellington Hospital