Salary: £44,925 - £50,541 per annum
The Harley Street Clinic is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ITU in the country, it's no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
The cardiac ward is made up of 15 private rooms and a 5-bedded CCU - all rooms and beds have full cardiac monitors. The patients treated on the unit are cardiac medical, intervention and surgical and thoracic medical and surgical.
As part of the Cardiac team the successful applicant will have access to all of HCA's fantastic benefits. On top of this the successful candidate will work within an established organization based in one of London's most renowned medical locations and known worldwide for its outstanding service.
The Harley Street Clinic has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Cardiac Manager to join the team on a Full Time Permanent basis.
1. Clinical Management
A highly visible and proactive leader acting as a clinical resource and ensuring the sustained delivery of high standards of nursing and service delivery. Leading the clinical management of a defined ward or department to include support and mentorship of junior staff, acting as a clinical expert and role model.
2. Operational Management
Responsible for the operations management and professional leadership of the defined clinical area and staff, ensuring that performance and budgetary objectives are met. Maintain a proactive approach to managing patient flow through the service.
3. Resource Management
Effectively managing resources in all forms: staffing establishments, manpower planning and deployment of ward management budgets.
4. Education and Training
Keeping up with current developments and trends in clinical practice to include identifying own and team learning and education needs, maintaining the competencies requirements, portraying a positive image and supporting the ward/department team.
5. Ensuring Quality
Ensuring the highest quality of practice and care through effective monitoring of own and others clinical competence. To be responsible for the quality of the patients environment and lead on facilitating changes which improve the patients' experience.
This is a Full Time Permanent post - 37.5 Hours a week (Mon - Fri) and NO NIGHTS OR WEEKENDS.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide strong, visible leadership and support for all ward Sisters and SSN's, enabling appropriate escalation / update occurs regarding key clinical and managerial issues effecting the service
- To work in partnership with SSR, Matrons, Heads of Clinical Services to ensure HSC & HCA objectives in relation to the workforce, service delivery, clinical quality & safety and financial control are monitored and maintained.
- Responsible for demonstrating continuous improvements in standards of clinical nursing care
- Continuously improving patient satisfaction and patient experience. To be proactive in identifying areas for improvement and implement remedial action as necessary
- Responsible for working with the Ward Sisters in assessing the clinical skills required to deliver a safe and high quality service, identifying any deficits in this and developing programmes to address any issues
- Responsible for ensuring that clinical initiatives and service developments become truly embedded in clinical practice and that staff have a clear understanding and opportunity to contribute to the change process
- Provide patients, families and carers with expert, unbiased information regarding the causes, care and management of their condition
- Assume responsibility for the control, storage and administration of drugs within existing legal frameworks, dealing with medication errors appropriately
- Ensure all staff members make efficient use of available resources with regard to budgetary constraints and business objectives
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse Level 1
- Post Registration Qualification In Cardiology / Cardiothoracic
- ENB 998 / Mentorship qualification
- Advanced Life Support
- Extensive experience at senior nursing level
- Phlebotomy training desirable
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures
About The Individual
The successful candidate will be a skilled motivator and negotiator with the ability to supervise colleagues and lead education. A courteous and professional attitude is essential as well as the ability to deal with conflict situations.
Join the leaders in private healthcare
Unrivalled expertise. The latest innovations. All that’s missing is you.
HCA Healthcare UK is one of the UK’s leading private healthcare providers. With six world-renowned hospitals in London and an expanding network of cutting-edge partnership facilities up and down the country, we’re a destination of choice for patients and healthcare professionals alike. Our achievements have been recognised by the LaingBuisson Independent Healthcare Awards 2016, the HealthInvestor Awards and the International Medical Travel Journal Awards.
If you’re looking for a rewarding career in nursing, look no further. At HCA UK you’ll take pride in working with top consultants and leading-edge technology to deliver exceptional acute and complex care. And through our relocation support programme, you’ll be able to do so at renowned facilities like The Portland Hospital and London Bridge Hospital. What’s more, whether you’re in oncology, PICU, paediatrics or neuro-rehab, you’ll get exceptional training at our Learning Academy.
As well as support from leading specialists and the latest technology, we also offer our employees a host of benefits that go above and beyond – from private healthcare and critical illness insurance, to staff discounts and paid study leave.
The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital, LOC, The Portland Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital, The Wellington Hospital