Job Title: Occupational Health Technician
Location: Derby /p>
Hours: F/T, permanent
Salary: £20000-£25000 pro rata plus benefits
- Following training and assessment, the OHT will undertake agreed clinical activities as required by the client including phlebotomy, taking blood pressures, drug and alcohol screening and health surveillance.
- Assist in undertaking a range of service items e.g. Drivers medicals, Well Person medicals and any other service that may be required.
- Undertake workplace visits for any issues relating to health at work relating to the OHT's scope of practice.
- Be accountable for delivery, recording and reporting health surveillance and escalating results of concern to a specialist clinician, either nursing or medical.
- Carry out infection and immunity screening for staff and take appropriate action according to established policies and protocols.
- Work unsupervised at times both in the department and at other premises, delivering high standard OH services to clients allocated to their care.
- Assist the Occupational Nursing Staff in supporting the clinical activities of the business.
- Be responsible for cleaning and stock checking clinical areas as per protocols and checklists. Help maintain clinical supplies and ensure that all clinical rooms are suitably maintained on a daily basis for the clinics to be carried out.
- Help promote the health and wellbeing of employees.
You will have experience or NVQ level 2/3 or similar technical certificates e.g.
- HAVS Tiers 1 & 2
- Willingness to drive a mobile screening unit to deliver OH Services
Please call Cheviot and ask for Lesley, Sharon, Simeon, Daphne or Victoria for further information
Over half of our candidates say the reason they first contacted Cheviot Recruitment was either through word of mouth recommendation or because they'd been impressed by our reputation.
Our consultants spend time getting to know our candidates and their requirements - often building up relationships which span many years. We always have a very wide range of occupational heath roles available across the UK and we ensure our candidates are kept up to date with the latest vacancies, whether by phone, text, email alerts or via our website.
What we offer our candidates
- A wide range of occupational health job vacancies, many of which you won't find advertised elsewhere
- Permanent, temporary and ad hoc work
- Experienced, knowledgeable, friendly consultants
- Advice on writing your CV and interview techniques
- Job alerts by email, phone or text
- A full briefing before each interview including company information and a profile of the interviewer
- Client feedback at the earliest opportunity
- Occupational health study days - competitively priced courses covering various OH topics