A small nursing and residential care home located just outside of Maidstone currently requires an experienced Registered Nurse with a strong background in leadership within elderly care to work as Deputy Manager.
This is a fully CQC compliant service that provides care and support to older people with general nursing needs, maintaining family home feel where residents can enjoy life to the full. The home maintains excellent community links and is well respected within the area, with a good relationship with local CCGs.
Candidates for this Deputy Manager position should be:
• Qualified and registered with the NMC as an Adult/General Nurse (RGN) or Mental Health Nurse (RMN
• From a strong background in elderly nursing care, with good knowledge and understanding of the quality standards and safeguarding frameworks involved
• Strong interpersonal, communication, leadership and management skills
• Well organised with good record keeping skills and a keen eye for detail
As Deputy Manager, you will work closely with the Registered Manager to coordinate the day to day running of the service, promoting the highest standards of person centred, evidence based care.
You will take responsibility for:
• Leading the care and nursing team, including undertaking staff inductions and supervision
• Liaising with service users, their families and the multidisciplinary team
• Medicine management – taking the lead on ordering and administering medications
• Assessing and planning admissions
This is a full time position with a 40 hour working week on day shifts. A competitive salary of £33,000 to £36,000 per annum is available to the successful candidate.
If you are interested and would like to apply for this post, please submit your CV through the link provided.
For more information about this vacancy or any other managerial posts within the Health and Social Care sector, please contact Phill Ogden at SYK Recruitment on [... Click Apply...]or alternatively, please visit our website for a full list of vacancies.
SYK Recruitment Specialists have extensive recruitment experience within the Health and Social Care Sector. All consultants are trained to the highest of standards and we strive to make this an on-going process to adhere to customers and clients needs in order for you to benefit from our service.
We recruit professional individuals into the Health and Social Care field within the private sector. Our candidates range from newly Qualified Nurses to Directors.
We deal with independent and larger organisations nationwide. We're the SPECIALIST YOU KNOW you can trust.
We offer –
Interview techniques and preparation
We listen to what you want and need
We will look at your long term career goals
We will keep in touch to ensure you achieve your goals
We have an extensive portfolio of clients who work with the following service users –
Children & Families
Fostering & Adoption
Drug & Alcohol Services