Ward Manager- Acquired Brain Injury
Salary: ~£35-42k + Benefits
Redford Hearth are in search of a Ward Manager to lead a strong nursing team in a privately owned Hospital Ward which caters for patients with Acquired Brain Injury, Neurological Diseases and terminal illness. This unit has been specifically built to a very high standard with patient rehabilitation a top priority, offering placements for up to 38 individuals at any time. The client have more than 40 Sites across the UK and have a broad array of service offerings, including Nursing Homes, Specialist Schools and Hospitals.
• In this role you will play a key role in the overall management of the Unit in line with the company policies and the high standards of the other Units at the Care Centre.
• You will be responsible for ensuring all CQC criteria are met.
• You will play an important role in overseeing, hiring and training Nurses.
• You will play a key role within the hospital, taking the time to get to know your patients and their families, so you can ensure the best possible person centred care is delivered.
• You will be responsible for creating and updating care plans to ensure they are accurately maintained for auditing purposes, maintaining clear, precise and up-to-date medication records for all the patients.
• You will have responsibility for instilling the key values of choice, dignity and respect into all aspects and areas of care within the home, ensuring the best care possible is provided at all times.
• With a depth of clinical knowledge and experience you will be expected to guide and teach other members of the care team in a supportive yet authoritative manor.
• As part of your role as Head of the ward you will be expected to be aware of our competitors and general best practice in the provision of care, to help keep the home at the forefront of the care market.
• Forging and maintaining close relationships with our customers, you will act as an ambassador for the company brand and play an important part in raising the hospitals profile.
• You will occasionally be expected to provide cover outside of normal hours, as required.
Skills & Behaviours required:
• RMN (RGN with Head Injury experience)
• Someone who shares the client’s passion and dedication for making every day special for their patients.
• A natural educator with leadership experience, you will constantly look for ways to share knowledge of best practice with those around you.
• A good time manager, who can prioritise effectively and work independently.
Health Care Scheme
Cash Plan discounts
Pension and life assurance scheme available
Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
Hot meals provided
Cycle to Work Scheme