Nurse Prescriber (Substance Misuse) – prison
£34,000 - £40,000
Magnetic is working with a leading secure healthcare provider to source a Nurse Prescriber for the Substance Misuse team at HMP Northumberland. Must be a qualified NMP with recent substance misuse knowledge and a car driver.
The Nurse Prescriber for Substance Misuse will provide skilled clinical care and independent prescribing in line with set recovery plans for substance misusing patients to a high standard and in line with current national guidance and statutory frameworks. To ensure patients receive a fast, more efficient service with improved continuity of care.
• Ensure that positive and effective communication links exist between themselves, prison staff, NC DART, community teams/services and any other agency in meeting the needs of this client group.
• To work clinically within all areas of the Substance Misuse/DART treatment delivery system and to offer a practical and supervisory lead to junior colleagues as part of the overall Substance Misuse Service.
• To continuously assess the psychosocial needs of patients, developing systematic plans for care and evaluation of recovery treatment plans working jointly with members of NC DART. This will include drug and alcohol assessment, co-working, care planning and review, medication titration and review, BBV interventions, public health advice and discharge planning.
• To participate in the senior management team, attending meetings and contributing positively to the development of the service as a whole and ensuring performance targets are met.
• To contribute to the general health care needs of the patients. This may include providing primary care interventions such as general medication dispensing, generic health screening and so on.
• To contribute to the teams understanding and implementation of clinical governance systems.
• To work across the NE cluster of prisons on a needs basis
Essential for the Nurse Prescriber (Substance Misuse)
• 1st level RN/RMN with current registration
• Evidence of CPD
• Two years experience as a NMP (V300)
• Essential car user
If you are a nurse prescriber from the substance misuse field, please send us your CV ASAP in order to be considered. If you don’t quite meet the essentials, please still get in touch as experience may be considered in lieu. V300 is essential however.
NMP/ Substance Misuse Nurse / Non medical Prescriber / Nurse Prescriber