Manager - Reproductive Medicine and Gynaecology
Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Manager to work within Reproductive Medicine and Gynaecology.
The Manager has 24-hour operational accountability for a specific unit/service. As a key member of the multi-disciplinary team ensures that standards for nursing care are adhered to at unit level. The Clinical Nurse Manager is fully responsible for the unit budget, patient experience and outcomes and staff performance and development. S/He works collaboratively to ensure that commissioning, recruitment, onboarding, orientation and service activation responsibilities are carried out in accordance with plans and timelines. The manager is professionally accountable to the Chief Nursing Officer.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that patient care is provided in accordance with established standards of nursing care, accreditation, policies, guidelines and protocols of the State of Qatar
- Plans for resource allocation that meets patient population needs. Ensures staffing ratios and patient assignments are reflective of patient census, acuity, level of education, and capabilities of staff
- Assumes financial responsibility through budget management for the unit to ensure that patient services are provided in a timely, efficient and effective manner. Balances financial responsibility against safe patient care.
- Manages ongoing individual performance appraisals, development plans and professional goals for unit staff members.
- Leads, plans, implements and evaluates the operational care delivery at a unit level.
- Achieves goals and objectives by embracing evidence and research to support transformational changes.
- Sets and monitors performance standards against patient outcomes.
- Monitors and implements the comprehensive unit based safety program takes corrective action as required.
- Establishes and analyzes areas of improvement through data to prepare necessary reports.
- Develops, reviews and revises unit procedures as required.
- Leads and participates in organization-wide performance improvement activities and committees as assigned.
- Provides support for Shared Governance at unit level.
- Partners with clinical educators in planning, implementation and evaluation of patient and staff education requirements.
- Drives the implementation of patient experience principles, provides service recovery, and identifies and implements continuous improvement opportunities as required
- Monitors and analyzes performance data to ensure that unit KPIs are achieved identifies opportunities for improvement and implements solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or (3 year Diploma in Nursing)
- Registered Nurse
- 7+ years of clinical experience including 5+ progressive management experience within the relevant specialty area in an acute care hospital setting in North America, or equivalent in the UK, Republic of Ireland, EU States, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand.
- Valid professional nursing license in country of origin
- Meets licensing requirements of the State of Qatar
- Proactive approach to planning
- Demonstrated ability to cope with rapid and sustained change, competing demands and tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with a range of stakeholders internally and externally
- Effective communication and presentation skills and demonstrated ability to present to large audiences.
Qualifications/ Specialisation - as per the client's requirements.
A full job description available upon request.
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
- Full time
- Job Level
Posted 21 Nov 2016
Closes 19 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Nurse practitioner, Practice nurse, Ward nurse
Recommended, similar jobs
Coventry, West Midlands, England
Merco Medical Staffing