Cath Lab Staff Nurse
London, Greater London, England
Cath Lab Staff Nurse - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Fixed Term Contract/Full Time
Salary up to £35,000 per annum plus Benefits
The main purpose of this role is to be responsible for providing skilled clinical and technical assistance as a member of the Cardiac Catheter Lab team and to participate in the assessment of patient care needs and implement and maintain agreed standards of care.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in the positioning and preparation of a patient as directed by the Cardiology team
• Ensure that any specimens are correctly labelled and dispatched to the laboratory.
• Prepare patients for clinical/ operative procedures, both in anaesthetics and procedures.
• Provide assistance in clinical/ operative procedures, both anaesthetics and procedures.
• Provide immediate post-operative care
• Provide initial emergency care as required
• Take charge of the clinical area in the absence of an advanced practitioner ensuring patient, visitors and staff safety.
• Ensure all equipment is checked prior to use and any faults reported to the Theatre Co-ordinator
Skills and Experience
• Registered Nurse - NMC Registered
• Diploma or Degree in Health Care Studies
• ODP Level 3 NVQ
• Mentorship course is desirable but not essential
• Recent experience working in a Cardiac Cath Lab setting is desirable
• Applications are from cardiac nurses with an interest in Cath Lab are welcome as we offer training and support to transition
• Insurance – Life, Dental
• Critical Illness Cover
• Up to 30 days holidays
• Health Assessments
• Private medical cover
• Excellent Accommodation
• Cycle to work Scheme, Gymflex
For more information or a confidential discussion please contact Martine Cohen at JS3 Recruitment on [... Click Apply...]or email [... Click Apply...].
If you are responding directly to this position please attach your current CV and inform us of your current remuneration.
Should you know anyone who may be seeking an opportunity then JS3 offer a referral scheme. Please refer to our website [... Click Apply...] for more details.
- £ 31000 - 35000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 16 Nov 2016
Closes 16 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Intensive care nurse, Theatre nurse, Ward nurse