Occupational Health Technician: Kent
Maidstone, Kent, England
Job Title: Occupational Health Technician
Hours: Full time, permanent
Salary: £20000-£25000 plus excellent benefits
- Following training and assessment, the OHT will undertake agreed clinical activities as required by the client including phlebotomy, taking blood pressures, drug and alcohol screening and health surveillance.
- Assist in undertaking a range of service items e.g. Drivers medicals, Well Person medicals and any other service that may be required.
- Undertake workplace visits for any issues relating to health at work relating to the OHT's scope of practice.
- Be accountable for delivery, recording and reporting health surveillance and escalating results of concern to a specialist clinician, either nursing or medical.
- Carry out infection and immunity screening for staff and take appropriate action according to established policies and protocols.
- Work unsupervised at times both in the department and at other premises, delivering high standard OH services to clients allocated to their care.
- Assist the Occupational Nursing Staff in supporting the clinical activities of the business.
- Be responsible for cleaning and stock checking clinical areas as per protocols and checklists. Help maintain clinical supplies and ensure that all clinical rooms are suitably maintained on a daily basis for the clinics to be carried out.
- Help promote the health and wellbeing of employees.
You will have experience or NVQ level 2/3 or similar technical certificates e.g.
- HAVS Tiers 1 & 2
- Willingness to drive a mobile screening unit to deliver OH Services
Please call Cheviot and ask for Lesley, Sharon, Simeon, Daphne or Victoria for further information
- £ 20000.00 - 25000.00 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 23 Jun 2016
Closes 13 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Occupational health