Crawfords Walk Nursing Home
About the role
* You will play a key role within the home, responsible for the care and safety of all residents and the smooth running of the Home ensuring that all care interventions meet Bupa and local policies and procedures
* Drawing on your clinical experience, you will provide leadership and managerial responsibilities, support, guidance and assistance to the team around you
* By creating and developing strong relationships with key partners within the community, you will play an important role in strengthening the Bupa brand and raising the care home's profile
* You'll ensure adequate staffing is always maintained within the home through efficient management of staff rotas, and from time to time, will provide cover out of hours, as required
* You will be responsible for medical costs, annual leave management, and sickness management.
Who we're looking for
* First Level registration Registered Nurse (RGN.RMN) for a Nursing House with at least 2 years post registration experience
* Evidence of management experience desirable
* Work within the NMC Code of Conduct
* Remain updated and ensure that clinical practice is evidence based.
* Have a personal development plan and professional portfolio.
* Ability to communicate at all levels.
* Ability to work on own initiative unsupervised.
* Good time management skills, ability to prioritise and organise workload appropriately.
What's in it for you?
Bupa Care Homes values its people, so you can expect a competitive salary and benefits that include:
* 28 days holiday (including statutory bank holidays) pro-rata depending on your working hours
* A starting salary which reflects your current skills and experience. You will be given every opportunity to increase this salary through training and development.
* Pension and Life Assurance scheme available
* Free uniform
* Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development to widen your career prospects
About the home
Crawfords Walk is a 137 bedded care home situated in Hoole, a residential area of Chester. It is within walking distance of local shops and is on a bus route. Crawfords Walk offers nursing care, dementia nursing care, and care for older people with mental health needs across four separate houses. It also cares for those needing convalescence, palliative care and respite.
Who we are
Bupa Care Homes provides expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care to almost 18,000 people in over 300 UK homes. Our purpose is to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
Looking for a new career is important. After all, who you work for, how they treat you and the impact that this new role has on your life can be huge. Which is why we think it’s important to spell out very clearly exactly what we stand for, what we value and most importantly – what we can offer you. So, choose to join Bupa Care homes and you’ll be joining:
A stable company – it’s important to be able to put your trust in an employer. To know that they’re well-established, growing and constantly investing in the future. Well we are. And, we’ve solid plans for the years ahead, so you can feel confident in being able to build a secure future with us too.
A company with no shareholders – This means we re-invest any profits, so our buildings, our people, our residents and their relatives all benefit from our ongoing success. In fact we’re so committed to ensuring that we constantly continue to provide the very best levels of care to everyone, that we’ve created an internal initiative called 'Personal Best,' that aims to specifically recognise people at Bupa for going above and beyond in order to improve the experience of all residents and families here.
A company incredibly focused on Training & Development – At Bupa we are very passionate about this because we believe that you can always learn more and be better. So even joining us as a manager, you still can progress, thanks to our ‘journey to excellence programme.' This ensure that natural channels for progression are always open to you and, due to the immense size and scope of our business – there’s no limit, either within the UK or across the globe to just how far you could progress.
A company that wants you to be yourself – We know that just being yourself makes all the difference to our residents, that’s why we encourage and recognise you for bringing yourself to work, all of you.
If we were you, we’d want to be given some clear reasons for choosing to join Bupa Care Homes. We hope, we’ve given you some. We look forward to hearing from you very soon.
We are looking for individuals who are naturally caring and compassionate with a real empathy; you will provide quality care and do the small things that make a big difference to our residents’ lives. You will assess needs, deliver care plans and play a key role in all aspects of care as part of a friendly and supportive team that does extraordinary things to deliver the best care. And in return, you’ll enjoy plenty of variety, a range of benefits, industry leading training all within a stable organisation.
So if you’re a nurse looking for excellent opportunities to further your career and develop your skills, we would love to hear from you.